Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2009

"Googling"...

This afternoon, I was in a rush planning a test for... tomorrow!! (I've never been so short of time as this year...) And all my resources are in boxes I should have opened some months ago when I moved to my new house...

The topic is connected to food and eating out so I wrote "breakfasts round the world" in Google and guess what! I found a fantastic site where you have traditional dishes from dozens of different countries. I chose the Mexican one since it's culturally closer than countries such as Japan or Egypt.

Then, my next problem. The listening comprehension part... Students have listened to some dialogues at the restaurant so I tried - just in case - and wrote "restaurant+efl+mp3+listening" and a magnificent podcast appeared!! I found a dialogue pretty similar to the ones my students are getting used to listen to in our lessons, perfect for their level and completely free!!

Then, I thanked for technology!!! And something which seemed sort of impossible some years ago is now at hand: authentic endless resources!

I cannot stop saying that anything you want or need is somewhere to download, you just need to look for it and that's certainly not the most difficult part...

Both sites I came across today are posted below for all of you to check!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about how lucky we are in having such innovative and stimulating teaching tools!!!Students are usually more involved in these types of activities than in traditional school lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really agree with you about the fact that today's teachers are very lucky to use such innovative teaching tools. Students get usually more involved in such activities than in traditional class lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right Stefania! Considering new technologies, as teachers - we have a great deal to learn from our students and what motivates them to make the most of our lessons!

    ReplyDelete