Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2009

Using powerpoint presentations!!

Hi, everyone! It's been a long time since my last post... I've been really busy at school planning and correcting exactly as all of you, I guess!
Well, this time I wanted to share what I did last week with my first-grade students. I prepared a Jeopardy game in Power Point so as to revise vocabulary. I must say most of them had a great time!
I prepared a presentations with five categories: School Objects, Colours, Nationalities, Weather and Opposites. Then I prepared a set of questions with different marks from 100 to 500. In the classroom I divided the group in halves and they played for two periods with such an enthusiasm I could hardly believe it! We revised vocabulary and they promised to study to play again in a near future!
However, not everything was so good... One of the groups behaved badly and I had to suspend the game... They started shouting and saying nasty things to each other because they answered correctly or badly! In this group every case was a good one to be aggressive... What a pity! I felt really angry and told them that their conduct was the cause of my strict attitude towards them.
Anyway, I'm not going to stop doing this kind of things! I refuse to stop preparing materials this way since the majority enjoyed it.
I wish those who have behaviour problems understood how much I care about their learning and what my reasons for being strict are!
Comments are of great value this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment