Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Silence, please!

Behaviour problems are part of our daily routines and - as I see it - classroom management is the key to successful learning or not! Considering that, I've always been rather strict (something I really don't enjoy...) since there are some students who have that tendency to push you to unimaginable limits!
Today, I didn't allow a whole group to have their break and then they stayed after the lesson had finished for 15 more minutes (I don't want to threaten them since I believe that's not the way out), which seemed to be no less than a couple of hours!! I stayed as calm as I could without saying a single word about the incidents that had taken place and asked them to write a note for their parents, which has to be handed in signed tomorrow.
I think I'm going to develop a conduct graded guide with common desirable attitudes to show during lessons to send to their homes this way showing their parents how important the attitudinal aspect is to the lesson and how behaviour interferes with learning.
Sometimes parents do not seem to take responsibility when we teachers say there is a "group problem" so I'm planning to make each one of them take responsibility for their good and bad contributions to the whole situation.
I do want them to learn and to enjoy my work! and I'm determined to not let students spoil that !
Any suggestions highly appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment