Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

After a year...

It's been a year since my last post... Today I just logged in just because and to my surprise I've been visited more than 2.500 times!!! I remember my first post. At the very beginning I was so enthusiastic about blogging... Then, I just wasn't motivated since no one posted replies so I thought nobody really cared. However, those thousands of visits mean something! I think the problem with teachers here may be that they prevent themselves from writing something which - they think -could be not relevant at all... I really don't know... I'm just thinking...

Throughout the year I've been through many things. I've changed a lot. I've even hated my students! :( (I really do not know whether that "hate stuff" is grammatically correct... but it's exactly what I've felt!) Right now, I need to know there is hope for us teachers struggling in this so demanding society which blames us for every single little thing that goes out of control... I try to "keep on track" and more and more often I need someone to share what I feel. Someone to whom I could tell the truth about my feelings towards teaching and policies. Unluckily, I've noticed I'm in the middle of the spider's web and there are many things I cannot share because I do know I'm surrounded by prejudices...

I prefer finishing this post right now... writing has to do with a particular state, difficult to describe. At this moment, everything is so confusing! I guess, teaching is so confusing at times!! This post may be revealing something I'm not fully aware of... so, bye for now. I promise to get back to my blog and write more often. I need it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there
    I am an english teacher in Portugal and today I came across with your blog by accident.
    I agree that teaching can sometimes be frustrating, confusing and sometimes self destructive. What I don't get is why i love it so much, though. I have my own blog. It is: www.englishcanbefun.blogspot.com. Come visit one of these days.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexandra! and welcome to my "world" :) I feel exactly as you do. Teaching has to do with passion. Sometimes it makes us feel terrible but the next day everything turns out to be just perfect... Every now and then I wonder why, this duality... but the important thing is that I keep on trying since I believe in what I do. Your post has been of help, so thanks for your words! Thanks for sharing your own blog, I'll be around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep coming as well. Maybe we can share thoughts, material...

    ReplyDelete